Donor-advised funds are a tax-advantaged, convenient way to organize your personal philanthropy or corporate giving program.
If you wish to be actively involved in deciding what causes and organizations will receive your support, prefer donor-advised funds. They allow you to support the causes you care about, and teach future generations about the importance of giving back. They operate much like private foundations – except there is no mandated five percent distribution, and TPF handles all administrative details from record-keeping to accounting, investment, and grant-making activities. A donor-advised fund allows you to give your cash or marketable securities at a time that is advantageous for tax purposes, allowing you to decide what you would like to support at your convenience.
- Minimum initial gift: $5,000+
- Fund balance to maintain: $5,000
- Additional gifts: any size
- Minimum grant: $250
- Annual administration fee: 0.5 -3%
- Time to set up fund: Less than one week
- Quick and easy set-up with no start up fees
- Highest level of tax benefits
- Complex gifts accepted
- Anonymity and multi-generational giving options
- Access to staff expertise on community issues, needs, and programs
- Unlimited grants to charities (Turkey and US)
- Opportunities to co-invest with other fundholders on donor led initiatives
Please call us at 646.530.8988 to learn more and/or open a donor-advised fund.